Expedition 53/54 (ISS-53/54)
KEY MISSION TASKS OF EXPEDITION ISS-53
(September 3 - December 14, 2017)
- Launch of one ISS-53/54 Russian crewmember and two NASA ISS-53/54 Expedition crewmembers by spacecraft Soyuz MS-06;
- Docking of Soyuz MS-06 spacecraft to Mini Research Module Poisk (MRM2);
- Docking of Cygnus OA-8 to Node1-Nadir using SSRMS (to be determined);
- Docking of Progress MS-07 vehicle to Instrument Compartment of DC1 Pirs ;
- Docking of Dragon SpX-13 to Node2-Nadir (to be determined);
- Loading and undocking of Dragon SpX-13 from Node2-Nadir (to be determined);
- Loading and undocking of Progress MS-06 vehicle from Service Module Zvezda;
- Operational support for loading and undocking of Soyuz MS-05 spacecraft from Mini Research Module Rassvet (MRM1) (return of three ISS-52/53 Expedition crewmembers);
- Performance of 3 USOS-based EVA;
- Support of the Space Station functionality;
- Performance of the science and application research program and experiments;
- Conduct of the onboard photos, video imagery of the ISS RS flight history and performing operations under the symbolic activity program.
The ISS-53 crew consists of 3 persons (September 3 - September 13, 2017), 6 persons (September 13 - December 14, 2017).