USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
EXPOSE-R hardware consisting of:
- EXPOSE-R monoblock;
- Set of accessories;
- Set of cables
USED SERVICE EQUIPMENT:
- Electronic power switching unit;
- OECF System and multiplexed bus unit (SMBU)
Eczobiological investigations of the space environment (ultraviolet radiation,
vacuum and ionizing radiation) effect on organic and biological samples.
- Delivery of EXPOSE-R hardware to the ISS RS.
- Mounting and electrical connection of EXPOSE-R monoblock to the onboard service systems during extravehicular activity.
- Series of the hardware operability tests before putting into operation.
- Acquisition of scientific and telemetry data and its record on PCMCIA card.
- Delivery of the following to the ground for further studies: trays with organic and biological samples after a lapse of the exposure year and PCMCIA card with experiment data.
PCMCIA card with scientific and telemetry data, trays with organic and biological samples returned to the ground.
The results of experiment EXPOSE-R will allow to study the probability and limitations of life spread beyond the Earth on other planets of solar system as well as provide a better understanding of processes regulating life interaction with the Earth environment.