USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
- KUBIK 1 incubator with the power cable;
- Myocite Biocontainers (8);
- Cryogem-03M refrigerator/temperature controller
Characterize the effect of microgravity on the expression
of calcium channels in Myocytes.
- Determine effect of “short duration” (2d) microgravity
exposure on Myocyte calcium channel expression
- Determine if Myocyte calcium channel expression
adapts during “long duration” (7d) exposure to
Biology containers returned to the ground.
This experiment will help in understanding how microgravity
modulates the function of vascular myocytes, which
is relevant to crew health issues