USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
- Experiments control unit EGE 2
- Power supply EGE 02 and cables
USED FLIGHT EQUIPMENT:
- Videocamera SONY DSR-PD-1P
- Sphygmomanometer Tensoplus
- Portable computer table
Acquire new scientific data for profound understanding
of the mechanisms of adaptation of cardiorespiratory
system to space flight conditions.
- Investigate long-duration weightlessness on vegetative
regulation of the cardiovascular system and interactions
between the cardiovascular and respiratory systems,
as well as investigate stress reactions caused by
weightlessness and space flight conditions.
- Compare alterations in the activity of the cardiovascular
system occurring in a long-duration flight with
pre- and post-flight data.
- Study a level of vegetative regulation after return
to the ground and its relation to orthostatic instability.
- Correlate effects of a long- and short-duration
weightlessness on the cardiovascular system.
Information on cardiovascular system (electrocardiogram,
arterial pressure, respiration rate) recorded on a
hard disc, PCMCIA card (backup copy) and flight log
sheets, and record of the experiment run on mini DV