USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
- HEAT Experiment Box
with a heat pipe, in which liquid ammonia NH3
is used as a coolant.
- HEAT Kit 1
with experiment accessories.
- Characterization of the heat transfer performances
of a grooved heat pipe under microgravity conditions
- Validation of the existing mathematical hydraulic
model that is used to evaluate the performances
of a new generation of heat pipes
Perform measurements in heat pipes in three functioning
- Parallel heating/cooling (i.e. evaporation from
below, condensing from below),
- Anti-parallel heating/cooling (i.e. evaporation
from above, condensing from below).
- Mixed heating/cooling conditions (i.e. evaporation
from below and above, condensing from below)
Information recorded in MSG computer and downlinked
from the ISS US On-orbit Segment.