USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
- SAMPLE Collection Kit
including SAMPLE sub-packs to take samples from
various surfaces (computers, "walls",
"personal cabins", technical equipment,
etc.) and from the astronaut.
- SAMPLE Specimen Case
filled with biological objects.
- KUBIK TOPAZ container, a thermally insulated
container (incubator) for stowage of partial samples
before the download.
- Evaluate microbial species, which might inhabit
- Investigate the mechanism of microbial adaptation
- Microbial sampling from the Dutch astronaut and
various surfaces on the ISS RS for further strains
isolation and investigation of their adhesion abilities
- Exposure of Escherichia coli on ISS RS during
Microbial samples taken on the ISS RS, and biological
objects which were exposed to microgravity conditions.