USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
Aquarius-B hardware including:
- Container for Transport / Ascent (CTA-B)
AQUARIUS-B Incubator/VITAMIN D with a set (5)
plunger boxes containing mouse osteoblastic cells
and combined in a single container.
- Container for Transport / Return (CTR-B)
Passive container required for return of a set
of B-containers with cells to the ground.
- Electronics Control Unit (ECU).
Characterization of the effect of microgravity on
the mechanism of action of Vitamin D in mammalian
- Study of microgravity-induced alterations in 1,25(OH)2
vitaminD3 regulated gene expression. The mouse osteoblastic
cell line MC3T3-E1 will be used and gene expression
will be determined using Realtime PCR.
- Study the mechanisms underlying microgravity-related
alterations in gene expression in osteoblasts.
B-Container/VITAMIN D with 5 plunger boxes containing
cultivated mouse osteoblastic cells and ECU memory