USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
USED ONBOARD HARDWARE:
Study of correlations between parameters of adaptability of populations Drosophila melanogaster and their genetic structure, as well as search for identification criteria of living organisms maintaining a maximum possible resistance to space flight environment.
- Selection of D. melanogaster populations, whose gene pools satisfy the experiment requirements.
- Cultivation of D. melanogaster populations onboard the ISS.
- Study of how space flight environments impacts on mutation rate within populatins of fruit fly D. melanogaster with different gene pool structure.
- Identifying indices of fluctuating asymmetry for flight and test populations.
- Investigating of genetic structure and biological parameters of post-flight and test populations of D. melanogaster.
- Comparing of the main genetic characteristics of D. melanogaster populations to the respective biological parameters with a statistical analysis involved.
- Drozofila-2 kit;
- photographic and filming data;
- data generated by onboard temperature and humidity sensors placed nearby the kit during conduct of the experiment.