SCIENCE HARDWARE USED:
Green-house Lada consisting of:
Science Hardware MIS-LADA consisting of:
- Control unit;
- Lighting unit;
- Leaf chamber;
- Root module;
- Water canister;
- Set of accessories.
- Module MIS-LADA;
- LADA control unit;
- Water canister;
- Set of accessories;
- Gas analyzer control unit
FLIGHT EQUIPMENT USED:
- Water tank
- SVO-3V receiving device
- Video camera SONY DVCam
for video recording of the process of crew operation
with the greenhouse.
MIS accessories kit;
MIS-Dannye kit consisting of:
- MIS-LADA memory card;
- MIS-LADA floppy magnetic disk.
Making investigations to solve problems of fundamental biology and optimization of the plant cultivation modes for green houses as part of the advanced space life-support systems.
- Study of dynamics of capillary impregnation, processes of humidification, moisture separation and fluid motion
in root-inhabited media in a space flight.
- Study of gas diffusion processes, determination of capillary oxygen diffusion coefficients with different capillary saturation of different root-inhabited media (RIM).
- Experimental studies of water-air supply of different root-inhabited media for green-houses in a space flight.
- Getting hydrophysical and thermophysical characteristics of different root-inhabited media and study of dynamic changes of these values because of formation of the root system of plants.
- Construction of conceptual model for optimum water-air supply of root-inhabited media for space green-houses.
- Development of theoretical models for green-houses used in a space flight.
In the first phase of the experiment it is planned to receive experimental data on oxygen diffusion processes
in substrates with a different level of moisture content.
Kits MIS - Dannye returned to the ground with memory cards and photo and video information received
during the experiment.