SCIENCE HARDWARE USED:
- Lada greenhouse consisting of:
- Control unit;
- Lighting unit;
- Leaf chamber;
- Root module;
- Water canister;
- Accessories Kit.
Being a module-type system, the Lada greenhouse
ensures maximum flexibility, its dimensions are
decreased by four times as compared to the Svet
similar greenhouse used on board the Mir OC.
- MIS-LADA science hardware
- MIS-LADA module;
- Lada control unit;
- Water canister;
- Accessories kit;
- GACA–Bracket kit;
- Gas analyzer calibration assembly.
FLIGHT EQUIPMENT USED:
- Water canister
- SVO-3V receiving device
- Video camera SONY DVCam
for video recording of the process of crew operation
with the greenhouse.
- MIS-Accessories kit
- MIS-Data Kit
Researches aimed at solving the problems of fundamental biology
and problems of optimization of plants cultivation modes for future
greenhouses as part of advanced space life support systems.
- Mounting and preparation of equipment for experiment
- Study of dynamics of capillary penetration, processes of moistening
and moisture separation and fluid motion in the root-inhabitated medium
in space flight conditions.
- Study of gas diffusion processes, determination of oxygen
capillary diffusion coefficients with different capillary saturation
of various root-inhabitated media.
- Experimental study of water and air supply of different
root-inhabitated media of greenhouse devices in space flight
- Obtaining of hydrophysical and thermophysical characteristics
of different root-inhabitated media and study of dynamic changes
of these values due to forming of the plant root system.
- Construction of a conceptual model of an optimum water and
air supply of the root-inhabitated medium for space greenhouse
- Development of theoretical models of greenhouse devices
operated in space flight conditions.
In the first phase
Obtaining of experimental data on oxygen diffusion processes in substrates
with a different level of moisture content.
In the second phase
Return of biomaterial samples, obtained during the space experiment,
to the ground.