SCIENCE HARDWARE USED:
- - Lada greenhouse consisting of:
- Control unit;
- Lighting unit;
- Leaf chamber;
- Root module;
- Water canister.
Being a module-type system, the Lada greenhouse
ensures maximum flexibility, its dimensions are
decreased by four times as compared to the Svet
similar greenhouse used on board the Mir OC.
- Accessories Kit.
FLIGHT EQUIPMENT USED:
- Water canister
- SVO-3V receiving device
- Video camera SONY DVCam
for video recording of the process of crew operation
with the greenhouse.
- Rasteniya Kit
to return plant samples to the ground
- Video tape
Researches aimed at solving the problems of fundamental
biology and problems of optimization of plants cultivation
modes for future greenhouses as part of advanced space
life support system.
- Mounting and preparation of equipment for experiment
- Study of specific features of water-air mode of
the Lada greenhouse vegetation vessel in space flight
- Study of plants cultivation technology ("Mizuna"
lettuce, "Micro-Tom" dwarfish tomatoes,
dwarfish (red) pea) as applied to standard greenhouse
- Study of the impact of space flight factors on
the growth and evolution of plants which can be
potentially used in space vitamin greenhouses
- Study of germination and viability of plants
- Study of phenology of plant evolution
- Study of reproductive property of plants and production
of the second generation of space seeds
- Study of chemical composition of plants and seeds
grown in zero-g conditions to define the content
of nitrocompounds in vegetable biomass
- Determination of ethylene concentration in the
ISS RS atmosphere
Assessment of productive properties of leaf vegetable
plants in zero-gravity conditions and verification
of land treatment to extend the closed ecological
life support system techniques to spacecraft.