USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
LSO hardware including:
- Unit of microcameras on a rotational bracket
- Electronics unit
- Cable set
- Kit EGE 10 (EGE 1 experiments control unit)
- Kit EGE 30 (EGE 01 power supply, cable set).
Removable hard discs
To record science information and return to the ground.
Study of optical radiation in the atmosphere and
ionosphere of Earth related to the thunder activity
and seismic processes (optical glow of in the upper
atmosphere and ionosphere accompanying storm phenomenon
are called "sprites" and "elves").
- Measurement of spatial and spectral distribution
of "sprites" and "elves" glow
intensity and comparison of this data with lightning
- Test of new procedure for space measurements to
- Statistic study of the sprites frequency and their
origin based on observations of tens of hours long.
Science information recorded on a removable hard
disc to be returned to the ground.