November 13, 2008. Baikonur branch office of S.P.Korolev RSC Energia, Baikonur launch site
At Baikonur, preparations are continuing for the launch of a transportation logistics spacecraft Progress M-01M within the framework of activities under the International Space Station (ISS) program.
Performed in accordance with the schedule during the period starting September 26, 2008, were:
- spacecraft acceptance review after its transportation from the Experimental Machine-building Plant of the S.P.Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation Energia,
- vacuum chamber tests,
- test activations of on-board systems,
- integrated tests,
- checkouts of the rendezvous RF-system,
- final operations after electrical checks, preparations for fueling, including stowing deliverable equipment and cargoes into the cargo compartment,
- spacecraft weighing,
- spacecraft transportation to the launch site fueling station.
At present the spacecraft is staying at the fueling station where it is being filled with rocket propellant components and compressed gases.
- The launch of the spacecraft under the International Space Station program is scheduled for November 26, 2008. Progress M-01M is the first spacecraft in a new series which differs from the previous one in that its system and structure have been upgraded. New computing facilities based on a new state-of-the-art computer with new interface units have been installed and integrated into the on-board computer system. Also, a new compact onboard radiotelemetry system was installed instead of an old one. As a result, the mass of the systems and equipment has been reduced by 75 kg, and the number of on-board equipment units has been reduced by 15 pieces. The computer system performance has increased. Automatic diagnostics is provided for the means of direct communication between telemetry system and computer system elements. Communications of the spacecraft with ISS over standard digital interfaces has been provided, which allows integrating all the spacecraft systems into the space station infrastructure.
- RSC Energia is the prime organization for developing and operating the ISS Russian segment, its modules (Zvezda, Pirs, etc.), as well as spacecraft of the Soyuz TMA and Progress type.