Sea Launch Project
Constituent Parts of the System
Sea-based space launching system Sea Launch consists of the following segments.
- Integrated Launch Vehicle (ILV) System (launcher - launch vehicle Zenit-2S and upper stage Block DM-SL, ground support
equipment and ILV pre-launch processing and launch equipment systems);
- a suite of automated pre-launch processing and launch systems;
- upper stage automated flight control system;
- measuring system.
- Payload unit with spacecraft.
- Launch Platform;
- Assembly and Command Ship.
- Rooms for payload unit processing;
- Storage rooms for LV stages and upper stages.
- Upper Stage flight control center;
- SC flight control center;
- Relay satellites (TDRSS, Intelsat, etc.)