Sea Launch Project
SC EUTELSAT-70B is the communication satellite manufactured by EADS Astrium company based on Astrium Eurostar E-3000 platform and its mass is 5 262 kg.
The EUTELSAT-70B mission was prepared at the Home Port from October 9 to November 16, 2012.
LV Zenit-2S No. SL35 and Block DM-SL No. 34L were used to launch the EUTELSAT-70B SC.
Chronology of activities (Moscow Time)
|October 9 - November 16, 2012
Home Port activities:
- LV Zenit-2S No. SL35 electropneumatic tests;
- LV Zenit-2S No. SL35 integrated tests under the injection program;
- Block DM-SL No. 34L electropneumatic tests;
- Block DM-SL No. 34L integrated tests under the injection program;
- Filling of Block DM-SL No. 34L TCS with coolant;
- Filling of Block DM-SL No. 34L with kerosine, NT and UDMH and gases;
- Integrated rehearsal #1 with the off-nominal situation simulation during the processing;
- SC processing activities;
- SC filling;
- Rocket Segment systems and equipment processing;
- OSC of processing equipment complex and pre-launch processing system under the control of LP ACC;
- Loading propellant components and compressed gases into ships. Kerosine preparation operations;
- ILV assembly and testing;
- ILV reloading from ACS to LP;
- ILV dry roll-out (installation on the launch pad and critical launch readiness checklist).
- Block DM-SLN No. 35L preliminary processing for providing the next Intelsat-27 mission during the period from October 13 to November 19, 2012.
|November 17 - 29, 2012
Launch Platform and Assembly/Command Ship passage to the launch area. Activities in the sea passage phase:
- Sea tests of the Launch Platform and the Assembly/Command Ship;
- Integrated rehearsal No. 2 with the ONS simulation during the processing;
- Integrated rehearsal No. 3 with comprehensive involvement of all the personnel and practically all standard and borrowed launch support and flight tracking facilities;
- Daily parameter control of Block DM-SL;
- Status monitoring and daily maintenance of RS systems during the sea passage.
| November 30 - December 4, 2012
Launch site activities:
- Transfer of the Rocket Segment systems and equipment from the state of readiness for the sea passage to the state of readiness for ILV PLP and launch;
- Assessment of oceanographic conditions;
- ILV preparation for roll-out and erection on the launch pad;
- US processing (within ILV);
- Operations for LP LMC transfer to readiness for the sensor data acquisition and transmission during the launch operations;
- Integrated checks of the Upper Stage automated flight control system;
- OSC of processing equipment complex (PEC) and pre-launch processing systems (PLPS) under the control of LP ACC;
- Kerosine preparation for ILV filling;
- Search for the Launch Platform optimal orientation;
- Bringing the launch platform in the launch position;
- Bringing the assembly and command ship in the launch position;
- ILV roll-out and erection on the launch pad;
- ILV electrical checks;
- Critical launch readiness checklist;
- SC and PLU launch rehearsal;
- Checks of communication channels;
- Personnel evacuation from LP to ACS;
- PLP including ILV fueling.
| December 4, 2012
At 00 hr 43 min 55 sec, Moscow Time on December 4, 2012 (at 12 hr 43 min 55 sec on December 3, 2012, Pacific Daylight Time) ILV Zenit-3SL No. SL34 with EUTELSAT-70B spacecraft was launched. All flight operations were performed normally. SC was injected into the design target orbit.
| December 4 - 5, 2012
Bringing the equipment in the initial state after ILV launch.
Return of the "red team" onboard the LP and the incoming inspection of the launch platform.
Bringing the equipment in the state of readiness to the sea passage.
| December 5 - 15, 2012
The launch platform and the assembly/command ship passage from the launch area to the Home Port.
Based on TMI data the EUTELSAT-70B spacecraft has been injected into orbit with the following parameters:
(the first apogee passage)