Land Launch Project
Chronology of Launches
The Zenit-M integrated tests were conducted at the Baikonur cosmodrome from December 2007 to February 2008 to verify compliance of the stated characteristics of the Zenit-SM LC; Zenit-TM TC; US, SC, AU Technical Complexes, fueling station (FS) and the Zenit-M SRC as a whole with the given requirements of technical specifications and also to develop operational documentation (OD).
Special attention was paid to solution of the following tasks:
- To indentify functionality of US, SC, AU Technical Complexes and the Zenit-TM TC as well. To verify completeness of meeting the requirements of technical specifications (TS) as well as readiness and capabilities of the joint operation of the processing equipment and technical systems of US, SC, AU, ILV TC when processing the ILV components and the Zenit-3SLB ILV as a whole. Execution of operational documentation package.
- To identify FS functionality. To verify completeness of meeting the technical specifications requirements as well as readiness and capabilities to provide fueling operations with SC and US.
- To identify functionality of the launch complex systems and LC as whole. To verify fulfilment of the technical specifications requirements as well as readiness and capabilities to provide processing of the Zenit-3SLB ILV at LC and launch. Development of ILV electrical check modes at LC and procedure of ILV loading with propellant components and compressed gases and their discharge as well. Check of interaction between ILV components and ILV as a whole and LC processing equipment during prelaunch processing and launch. Execution of operational documentation package.
- To verify capabilities of meeting the cleanliness requirements in conditions of the joint operation of the Zenit-M SRC with the Zenit-3SLB ILV.
- To verify operability of thermostatting system during ILV transportation to LC and back.
- Adequacy tests of the lists of emergency situations and procedure of going out of them given in OD.
- Checks of the personnel operating safety and convenience and in case of emergency situations as well.
- Reliability and efficiency estimates of TC and LC operation and capabilities of their putting into operation within SRC.
During the Zenit-M SRC integrated tests the program for development test of all operations for the Zenit-3SLB prelaunch processing and launch was completely performed.
On March 20, 2008 at SDO Yuzhnoye The General Designers Review was held where the integrated tests completion with a positive result was stated and a decision was adopted on the start of nominal processing of ILV Zenit-3SLB №1L with Block DM-SLB №1TL for the Amos-3 SC launch.