Soyuz TMA-M manned transport vehicle of a new series
Flight tests (FT) include:
- flight development tests (two flights - Soyuz TMA-M MTV and Soyuz TMA-02M MTV);
- qualification tests (one flight - Soyuz TMA-03M MTV).
- execution of the vehicle operation modes is verified during the implementation of nominal flight program,
- modes implemented in case of off-nominal situations are tested:
- attitude control in the orbital coordinate system when using the manual attitude control mode in the discrete circuit;
- fly-around the ISS in the manual attitude control mode in the discrete circuit;
- issue of orbital maneuvering pulses using four berthing and attitude thrusters.
These flight tests of the new series vehicles are conducted together with the major tasks fulfillment for the ISS maintenance in compliance with the Station flight program approved.