Contract activities on ISS Russian Segment
Eczobiological investigations of the space environment (ultraviolet radiation,
vacuum and ionizing radiation) effect on organic and biological samples.
- Delivery of EXPOSE-R hardware to the ISS RS.
- Mounting and electrical connection of EXPOSE-R monoblock to the onboard service systems during extravehicular activity.
- Series of the hardware operability tests before putting into operation.
- Acquisition of scientific and telemetry data and its record on PCMCIA card.
- Delivery of the following to the ground for further studies: trays with organic and biological samples after a lapse of the exposure year and PCMCIA card with experiment data.
Science Hardware Used:
EXPOSE-R hardware consisting of:
- EXPOSE-R monoblock;
- Set of accessories;
- Set of cables.
Service Equipment Used:
- Electronic power switching unit;
- OECF System and multiplexed bus unit (SMBU)
PCMCIA card with scientific and telemetry data, trays with organic and biological samples returned to the ground.
The results of experiment EXPOSE-R will allow to study the probability and limitations of life spread beyond the Earth on other planets of solar system as well as provide a better understanding of processes regulating life interaction with the Earth environment.