Contract activities on ISS Russian Segment
- Investigate the behavior of cosmonaut microbiota and its interaction with the ISS microbiota in spaceflight.
- Evaluate microbial species, which might inhabit the ISS.
- Microbial sampling from the Russian cosmonaut and various surfaces on the ISS RS for further strains isolation and
investigation of their adhesion abilities
Science Hardware Used:
- SAMPLE Collection Kit including SAMPLE sub-packs to take samples from various surfaces (computers, "walls",
"personal cabins", technical equipment, etc.) and from the astronaut.
- SAMPLE Specimen Case filled with biological objects.
- KUBIK TOPAZ container, a thermally insulated container (incubator) for stowage of partial samples before the download.
Microbial samples taken on the ISS RS in microgravity conditions.