Contract activities on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment JAXA 3DPC
Produce 3D photon crystals through self-organization and ordering of colloid nanoparticles in an electrolyte solution with subsequent fixation in the elastic gel matrix.
Grow colloid crystals in micrgravity, fix the crystal structure by photohardening, return produced materials to Earth.
Science Hardware Used:
Hardware for growing 3D photon crystals 3DPCGF,
- Main Unit 3DPCU containing:
- 8 experimental sealed growth cells with the
- digital camera with a lens;
- parameters recoding unit;
- white LEDs (to illuminate one of the growing
cells during shooting;
- UV LEDs (for photohardening of the contents
of all growth cells after completion of the
experiment on the ISS).
- Switch box and power supply BIP-12
power to main unit 3DPCU;
- Cable set.
Application of photon crystals in photonics items will make it possible to considerably increase noise
immunity and information processing rate.
Materials produced in 8 growth cells of main unit 3 DPCU, as well as digital photo information on the
process of formation of a colloid crystal in one of the growth cells.