Contract activities on ISS Russian Segment
Acquire new scientific data for profound understanding of the mechanisms of adaptation of cardiorespiratory system to space flight conditions.
- Investigate long-duration weightlessness on vegetative regulation of the cardiovascular system and interactions
between the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, as well as investigate stress reactions caused by
weightlessness and space flight conditions.
- Compare alterations in the activity of the cardiovascular system occurring in a long-duration flight with
pre- and post-flight data.
- Study a level of vegetative regulation after return to the ground and its relation to orthostatic instability.
- Correlate effects of a long- and short-duration weightlessness on the cardiovascular system.
Science Hardware Used:
- Experiments control unit EGE 2
- Power supply EGE 02 and cables
Flight Equipment Used:
- Videocamera SONY DSR-PD-1P;
- Sphygmomanometer Tensoplus;
- Portable computer table.
Information on cardiovascular system (electrocardiogram, arterial pressure, respiration rate) recorded on a hard disc, PCMCIA card (backup copy) and flight log sheets, and record of the experiment run on mini DV videotapes.