Technical Research on ISS Russian Segment
To develop the ultrasonic angle measurement equipment, methods of camera lens axis spatial attitude estimation at the moment of shooting (with help of those equipment), and crew target detection methods in the full-scale conditions.
- To autodetect the Earth surface image central point geographical coordinates executed by the RS-ISS crew with use of ultrasonic angle measurement equipment.
- To direct the crew on the areas with the foregone geographical coordinates with help of ultrasonic angle measurement equipment and specific software installed in the crew's computer.
Science Hardware Used:
Ultrasonic angle measurement equipment, including:
- receiver base (mounted on the window);
- sender base (mounted on the camera);
- control unit;
- lap-top connecting cable.
Service Equipment Used:
- digital camera Nikon D3X;
- laptop RSK1.
In case of successful completion of experiment the equipment may be used as a nominal shooting method element, which will avoid co-called "unrecognized" images, as well as facilitate an operation of cosmonaut when hunting and directing to the target object. The image recognition and bridging will be manifold reduced during the postflight processing. The photographed World ocean aquatic area / flash spotting object coordinates setting becomes possible.
Digital Earth surface images and ultrasonic angle measurement equipment measurement results are on the recovery removable hard disk.