Technical Research on ISS Russian Segment
- Study of conditions of S band radio signal passage through the ISS – Moscow radio link.
- Development test of a method of data downlink at a rate of 4MB/s.
- Study of characteristics of S band radio signal propagation from the ISS RS through the ISS-Moscow radio link depending on the ionosphere condition, light-shadow situation, ISS distance and attitude.
- Modification of the ground S band receiving channel and its introduction into hardware/software complex UniScan-36.
- Organization and conduct of test operations to receive data from the ISS RS in Moscow using the ground hardware/software complex UniScan-36 and onboard TM/TC unit (a transceiver with antenna on a mechanical adapter) of Rokviss hardware.
- Organization and holding sessions to downlink data with digital images of URAGAN experiment (in case of successful
completion of test operations).
Onboard Rokviss hardware consisting of:
- transceiver with antenna on a mechanical adapter (TM/TC unit);
- onboard compute OBC;
- cable set.
Ground hardware segment :
- Hardware/software complex UnitScan-36 located in Moscow.
The ground receiving channel consisting of antenna/feeder device and a low-noise S band amplifier-converter in UniScan-36
shall provide reception, processing and record of the digital flow transmitted from ISS at a rate of 4MB/s.
Increase of the channel data flow to downlink data to the ground through the transfer to a higher frequency range of transceivers (S band).
Rokviss hardware operation data transmitted via TM/TC unit (up to 1GB).