Technical Research on ISS US Segment
DCCO experiment is a part of the science research activities to be performed aboard the ISS RS by Frank de Winne, ESA astronaut of Belgian nationality in
the frame of the ODISSEA Project. The European Space Agency and Belgian Federal
Office for Scientific, Technical and Cultural Affairs (OSTC) are customers of the preparation and implementation of the scientific program.
The experiment is conducted in MSG on US Segment.
Measuring the isothermal diffusions in binary and ternary mixtures representative of actual crude oils.
- Study of mass transfer phenomenon;
- Quantitative assessment of diffusion coefficients.
Science Hardware Used:
- Microgravity Science Glovebox (MSG) in the Destiny Laboratory;
- DCCO Experiment Container including interferometer and 9 cells with liquid samples;
- DCCO Kit including Harness (Power & Data), Clamp, Camera Mount.
Processed samples (in 9 cells) located in DCCO experiment container, videotapes and PCMCIA card.