Technical Research on ISS Russian Segment
Refinement of the model of spatial-time distribution of meteoroid and man-made matter through permanent monitoring of space environment in the ISS operation orbit.
- Permanent monitoring of meteoroid conditions throughout the flight path.
- Generation of statistical data on densities of meteor and man-made particles in a size range from 10 to 100 µm affecting various elements of the external surface of the Service Module (SM).
- Assessment of erodibility of SM external surface.
- Obtaining of quantitative characteristics of affecting meteoroid and man-made bodies (size, density, velocity) during post-flight analysis.
Flight Equipment Used:
Micrometeor monitoring system consisting of:
- Stationary capacitor sensors;
- Removable capacitor sensor;
- Electronics unit
to record impact effect of meteoroid and man-made bodies on capacitor sensors.
Increase of space flight safety.