Technical Research on ISS Russian Segment
- Investigation of dynamic loads onto the ISS RS structure when different dynamic operations are performed at the ISS, namely: docking, reboost, execution of physical exercises by operators, extravehicular activity.
- Determination of micro-acceleration conditions in areas of technological experiments.
- Measurement of accelerations and micro-accelerations on ISS RS structural elements under different external effects.
- Investigation of micro-gravity conditions in the Service Module and FGB.
Flight Equipment Used:
- Linear optical accelerometers
- Low acceleration meters
- Onboard measurement telemetry system
- Sensors of angular rates and positioning of solar arrays and high-gain antenna.
More accurate definition of parameters of dynamic models of ISS different configurations to improve the accuracy of the structural elements loading analysis, as well as development of methods to define sources of disturbances influencing the micro-gravity conditions.