Earth and space sciences
Test of forest inventory methods, determination of the impact on the forest cover of natural and man-made factors from the ISS using the visual tool and spectrometric monitoring, at the subsequent phases of the experiment with the use of hyperspectral and infrared equipment.
- Conducting visual observations on the initial data transmitted by radiograms from the Earth with registration of forest areas suing video photographic equipment.
- Test of technical aids and methods of observation of the Earth surface from the ISS RS in conditions of real constraints.
- Acquisition of experimental data of spectral measurements of the underlying surface of the areas to be studied using PSS (VSS) science hardware.
Used Science Hardware:
- Video spectral system SH;
- Photospectral system SH.
Used Flight Equipment:
- Digital Cameras Nikon D800Å and Nikon D3X;
- Video Camera HDV Sony HVR-Z7;
- Laptops RSS2 (IBM ThinkPad T61p) and RSK1 (IBM ThinkPad T61p).
- Digital Compact Flash Card;
- HDD Disk;
- CD Disk in the case.
All the results obtained in the experiment sessions (photographic images, spectral data, measurement results, video files) are recorded and stored on a removable hard disk intended for the Uragan space experiment.
The main expected result of the program implementation for the Dubrava experiment is a science-based and experimentally developed in full-scale conditions “Testing of methods for measuring, recording and thematic processing of forest images from the orbital station”. A practical implementation of the program will be cost-effective and can be useful as applied to the Russian forestry directions in new geopolitical conditions. Besides, it is expected to obtain accompanying documentary information on the observed from space dynamic, optical, meteorological and other phenomena in the forest ecological system, characterizing the current state of the natural environment and which are of interest to the scientific and educational projects.