Biotechnological research on ISS Russian Segment
Study of microbial contamination of materials in use on the ISS by means of a new proximate method for microorganism quantitative record and specific identification in order to assure habitat microbiological safety during long-term space flights.
- assessment of Bacillus subtilis and Staphylococcus warneri bacterial types presence on material samples;
- determining microbial contamination quantitative level on material samples, preferably by Bacillus subtilis and Staphylococcus warneri types;
- assessment of Aspergillus versicolor and Penicillium expansum mold fungus presence on material samples;
- determining microbial contamination quantitative level on material samples, preferably by Aspergillus versicolor and Penicillium expansum (if any);
- determining development level of bacteria and mold fungus of the above types on some ISS RS interior and equipment surfaces.
Science Hardware Used :
E-NOSE system consisting of:
- E-NOSE instrument;
- power cable;
- air tube;
- air inlets VZ-1, VZ-2;
- kits E-NOSE FILTERS, E-NOSE. PLOT BOARD, E-NOSE. DATA.
Study of bacterial and fungus microflora development on material surfaces in space flight environment.
All data obtained during measurements taken is entered in memory card SD installed in E-NOSE device. After completion of all measurement sessions, memory card SD is downlinked to the ground within E-NOSE. Data kit.
Auxiliary data on the experiment is entered in record sheet which is removed from flight documentation after performance of final space experiment operations and placed in E-NOSE. PLOT BOARD return kit.