Biotechnological research on ISS Russian Segment
To reveal features of metabolism and morphology of different phenotypes of one strain of bifidobacteria caused by microgravity conditions to produce probiotics with the increased biomedical factors and increase the production efficiency.
- Provision of the clone collection of Bifidobacterium bifidum1 strain with heritable deviations of morphophysiological characteristics.
- Genetic analysis in mutant clones.
- Identification of viability, antagonistic activity, acid formation activity, adhesion activity, resistance to antibiotics, air oxygen, acid medium and determination of the cultivation parameters in ground conditions.
- Selection of possible candidates for production strains of bifidobacteria having the increased biotechnological and biomedical characteristics as compared with the wild and other production strains.
- Presentation of description of experiments for the characteristics analysis of Â. bifidum1 strain and its changed forms in microgravity conditions and data processing.
Science Hardware Used :
with ampullas sealed observing sterility containing 1.5 ml of lyophilically dried Â. bifidum 1 strain in Blaurock medium with addition of protective media (sugar-gelatin and skim milk and also options with unithiol), hermetically closed test tubes containing 4 ml of liquid culture Â. bifidum 1 in Blaurock medium in the concentration no less than 107 kl/ml.
Case Bioecologia to be returned to the ground.
Use of modern methods of comparative study of genetic, morphological, cytologic, biochemical and cultural characteristics of options obtained in the experiment will allow to get the maximum full characteristic of genetic and metabolic potential of Bifidobacterium bifidum 1. As a result the following is expected: a significant renewal of the spectrum of possible candidates for production strains of bifidobacteria having the increased biotechnological and biomedical characteristics as compared with a wild strain.