Biotechnological research on ISS Russian Segment
To develop methods for increasing the yield of recombinant strains producing human Cu-, Zn-superoxide dismutase through incubating the germ
culture in space environment with subsequent selection under laboratory conditions.
- To optimize exposure conditions for germ cultures of recombinant strains producing superoxide dismutase (SOD) in orbital space flight
- To develop exposure conditions for the yeast SOD producer strain.
- To obtain recombinant strains producing bioactive substances with improved properties.
Science Hardware Used :
- Bioekologia case (2 pcs.)
- The obtained material will be used for ground section of the producer strains with improved properties (increased yield and segregation
- The selected high-yield lines of the yeast SOD producer strain will be used for manufacturing SOD drugs.