Biotechnological research on ISS Russian Segment
Development of moderate-stage technologies to produce biomass of microorganisms and biologically active substances (BAS) to provide highly efficient ecologically safe production of bacterial, fermental and medicinal preparations.
Test of the autonomous reactor of the closed type onboard the ISS.
Science Hardware Used :
Hardware “Bioemulsia” consisting of:
Hardware “Biokont-T” consisting of:
- the thermally controlled container-body with the actuator control unit;
- Thermally insulated returned container “Biokont-T”;
- Replaceable bioreactor in ziplock-bag “Bioreactor”.
Development of new technology to produce biomass of microorganisms and BAS using the emulsion nutrient medium based on modified hydrocarbons in the atomic reactor of the closed type will allow to decrease the biopreparations cost.
Microorganisms and BAS produced according to the developed technology will have the improved resistance to freezing, drying and aerosoling, namely to negative factors of biopreparations storage and use.
- Bioreactor with biomass of microorganisms;
- Log sheet with data on the mixing timeline;
- Temperature values with the given time interval in the bioreactor delivery/return phases, recorded by the autonomous temperature logger which is located in the cover of thermally insulated container “Biokont-T”.