Biotechnological research on ISS Russian Segment
Research into capability of mesenchymal truncal cells from bone marrow to perform their inherent functions under different cultivation conditions during space flight.
Conduct of truncal cells cultivation process in thermally controlled container Acquarius and return of the experiment results to the ground.
Science Hardware Used :
- Embrion Kit
- Thermally controlled container Acquarius
to accommodate Embrion Kit
- Embrion Kit with cells subjected to cultivation.
- Generation of experimental data on in-flight and post-flight cell viability, activity.
- Identification of functional disturbance of locomotive system in flight and providing recommendations to
reduce the risk of developing these complications after return of the cosmonauts to ground.
- Assessment of applicability of the truncal cells onboard a manned spacecraft for rehabilitative therapy
of the injured organs during a long-duration space flight.