Physico-chemical processes and materials in space conditions
- Study of physical processes of protein crystallization to produce the protein monocrystals perfect in
structure suitable for X-ray structure analysis.
- Study of biocrystal films of volumetric solution on substrates using the artificial epitaxy effect.
- Development of the new generation hardware and techniques to crystallize a large amount
of proteins in the interests of basic and applied biology, medicine, pharmacology and microelectronics.
- Test of techniques in microgravity conditions to produce monocrystals of biological macromolecules
and orient film-forming crystallites.
- Test of the hardware, modes and conditions to grow the protein monocrystals and biological films.
- Experimental estimation of efficiency and reliability of the used hardware.
- Test of the experiment timeline to organize the small-batch growing of biocrystals and films in microgravity conditions.
Science Hardware Used:
Kristallizator science hardware Kit consisting of:
- Module-1 Ц a device to grow the protein monocrystals,
- Module-3 Ц a device to grow bidimensional
oriented films using the artificial epitaxy effect.
- Biocrystallization modules with the experiment results;
- Log sheet with data of the experiment timeline;
- Daily telemetry information of the air temperature in the accommodation area of biocrystallizers.