Earth Resources Sensing
Test of the procedure to determine carbon dioxide and methane content in the Earth atmosphere to understand a role of natural processes and human activity determining the atmospheric content of ÑÎ2 and ÑÍ4.
- Delivery and assembly of science hardware RUSALKA on the ISS RS.
- Calibration and test activations of science hardware relating to:
- Earth's limb at the Sunset (atmosphere lighted).
- Test of the procedure for remote determination of methane and carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere
(the first phase);
- Measurement of methane and carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere and reception of data on ÑÎ2 and ÑÍ4 content over the territories subjected to natural and technogenic effects, reception of sufficient data on seasonal dependencies of troposphere parameters being studied (the second phase).
Science Hardware Used:
- Monoblock Rusalka;
- Digital photo camera Nikon D2X(s);
- Lens AF VR Nikkor ED 80-400f/4.5-5.6D with ultraviolet filter;
- Bracket for attachment to the window;
- Rusalka-Accessories set.
- Device TIUS DKShG/PNSK;
- Laptop RSK1;
- Software Package loading disk.
- Kit Rusalka-Dannye (6 pcs.);
- Kit Rusalka-AIP (2 pcs.);
- Kit Rusalka-FOTO (2 pcs.);
A new procedure will be tested in the experiment for remote measurements of the content of greenhouse gases ÑÎ2 and ÑÍ4 in the atmosphere which play an important role in the troposphere balance and formation of the Earth climate as well as a basis for further monitoring of these gases from space will be provided. This will allow to decrease costs of greenhouse gases monitoring in the Earth atmosphere significantly and also get the detailed maps of methane and carbon dioxide distribution in low troposphere required for simulation of the following processes: climate change and making optimum decisions when planning economic activity.
Data from CVR-IK flash cards and photographic camera recorded on a hard disk of laptop RSK-1.
At the end of expedition the received data is recorded on HDD removable disk.