Earth Resources Sensing
Recording and mapping of the wave processes in upper mesosphere and lower thermosphere by wave-like disturbances
in the boundary surface between optically thin and optically dense atmosphere.
Study of wave characteristics at altitudes of upper mesosphere and lower thermosphere depending upon a season and geographic location.
Science Hardware Used:
LSO equipment, including:
- Microcamera unit on a rotary bracket;
- Cable set.
- Control unit for EGE1 experiment;
- Removable hard disk for EGE1.
- Looking into a possibility of recording the waves generated by high-power pulse sources of natural and technogenic character at mesospheric altitudes.
- Recording of atmospheric waves originating from persistent thermospheric sources (atmospheric convection, changes in thermospheric circulation, stream flows, the processes of interacting of surface air flow with the Earth surface relief).
- Scientific information (digital video recording) obtained via LSO equipment and recorded on the replaceable hard disk;
- Ballistic data (ISS orientation, ISS altitude, geographic coordinates of subsatellite point, Sun and Moon angles)
for referencing the measurement results.