Education and promotion of space research
About Gagarin from Space Experiment
Study of characteristics of reception of a composite nature signal from space (images, text) and extensior informing the world amateur radio association about 50 years of the first manned flight to near-earth orbit and propoganda of history of fundamental achievements of Russia (USSR) in the field of space exploration.
- Automatic transmission and retransmission of voice information, images and text through amateur radio channel.
- Conduct of experiments to provide beyond-the-horizon communication with small-size low-orbit SC with ionospheric layers reflection.
Flight Equipment Used:
- Amateur packet radiocommunication complex consisting of:
- USW Transceiver (radio station Kenwood TM D710E);
- Antenna Feeder Device (4 pcs.);
- Power Unit (2 pcs.);
- Laptop RSK2;
- Camcorder SONY HVR-Z7E;
- Digital Camera Nikon D3X;
- Video Communicator Kenwood VC-H1.
In the first phase of experiment MAI-75 the following is involved: the photographic and video digital equipment available onboard the ISS RS and used for photo and video recording per scenario plans and the amateur radio communication system with frequency ranges: 144-146 and 430-440 MHz for the subsequent image transfer to the ground.
Robust exchange of voice information and photo, video image produced by the ISS RS principal investigator (100-300 Kilobytes per SE session).