Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Assessment of efficiency in using telemedical technologies for getting information from ISS RS crews for medical support of human space flights and
information support of life science flight studies.
Conduct of several experimental sessions onboard ISS RS for filming Russian cosmonauts’ dermal integument and mucous membrane.
Science Hardware Used:
Kit TBK-1 (telemedical onboard kit) containing:
- secondary power supply unit;
- image capture device;
- cable set.
Flight Equipment Used:
Onboard computer for medical support of Model IBM Think PAD A31p-RSE Med.
- Kit "TBK-1. Accessories"
- removable nozzles for otoscope;
- Kit "TBK-1. Data" containing:
Project implementation will enable to enhance an efficiency in medical monitoring of human space flights, add to practice of medical support advanced methods and technologies for transmission of real-time information and standardize information support of life science studies onboard the ISS RS.
The following examinations are carried out during the experimental session:
- study of small skin sites;
- otorhinolaryngologic examinations (examination of external acoustic meatus, tympanic membranes, examination of nasal passages);
- stomatologic examination of gums and teeth.
Video data is recorder on hard disk of computer RSE-Med and copied to PCMCIA memory card, which will be returned to the ground upon completion of the Expedition.