Contract activities on ISS Russian Segment
- Evaluate microbial species, which might inhabit the ISS.
- Investigate the mechanism of microbial adaptation to micro-gravity.
- Microbial sampling from the astronaut and various surfaces on the ISS RS for further
strains isolation and investigation of their adhesion abilities
- Exposure of Escherichia coli on ISS RS.
Science Hardware Used:
- SAMPLE Collection Kit including SAMPLE sub-packs to take samples from
various surfaces (computers, "walls", "personal cabins", technical equipment,
etc.) and from the astronaut.
- SAMPLE Specimen Case filled with biological objects.
- KUBIK TOPAZ container, a thermally insulated
container (incubator) for stowage of partial samples
before the download.
Microbial samples taken on the ISS RS, and biological objects which were exposed to microgravity conditions.