Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
- Space research to solve problems of fundamental biology and develop the advanced biological life support systems for space crews.
- Acquisition of data on the capability of long-term storage of resting forms of animal organisms (eggs of lowest Crustacea) and determination
of their ability to reactivation upon exposure in space flight conditions.
- Study of the capability of long-term storage of resting forms of animal organisms, possible microecological system components in space flight
- Determination of the percentage of reactivated specimens.
- Trade off analysis of reactivated specimens of flight and reference experiments.
- Study of genome areas (DNA) responsible for diapause formation and depth.
- Investigation of the nucleotide sequence and synthesis in the corresponding genome areas of
proteins-adaptagens and signal proteins involved in the stress response and morphogenesis.
Science Hardware Used:
Pouch Rastenia includes:
- AKVARIUM Bags with resting forms of animal organisms.
- Ziplock Bag.
AKVARIUM Bags with resting forms of animal organisms returned to the Earth.