Human Life Research on ISS American Segment
Experiment НРА forms part of the scientific research program performed by Italian Astronaut Roberto Vittori (ESA) on the ISS in the frame of
ENEIDE ISM Project. The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and
implementation of the research program.
The experiment is performed in the U.S. On-orbit Segment using hardware installed in the U.S. On-orbit Segment.
Experimental research on the performances of the human upper limb in weightlessness.
- Study of Motor coordination during reaching and grasping of objects;
- Muscle fatigue assessment during the execution of sustained handgrip and pinch force.
Science Hardware Used:
- Posture Acquisition Glove (PAG);
- Wrist Electronic Box (WEB) containing the Inertial Tracking System (ITS) composed of one triad of accelerometers and one
triad of gyroscopes, allow measuring the bending angles of the fingers and the kinematical parameters
of the wrist (acceleration, speed and orientation);
- Handgrip Dynamometer (HGD);
- Pinch Force Dynamometer (PFD).
- Floppy disks to record and store experiment results.
Files of experiment data recorded on floppy disks.