Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment SEEDLINGS forms part of the scientific research program performed by Italian Astronaut Roberto Vittori (ESA)
on the Russian Segment of the ISS in the frame of ENEIDE ISM Project.
The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and implementation of the research program.
Study effect of microgravity conditions on germination, growth and nutrition properties of vegetable sprouts.
- Assess potential space production of vegetable cultures as fresh ready for use food products.
- Assess effect of microgravity on germination, growth and nutrition properties of vegetable cultures.
Science Hardware Used:
- SED Container (2 items) is a sealed plastic bag with the paper towel with attached vegetable seeds and the 20ml water container.
- Camcorder DSR PD-150P;
- Camera Nikon D1X.
- Germinated seeds returned to the ground.
- Photo and video data recorded on a memory card demonstrating seeds germination process.