Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment SYMPATHO-3 is a part of the scientific research program to be conducted by ESA astronaut of the Dutch nationality Andre Kuipers onboard the
ISS RS in the frame of DSM Delta Project, and is an extension of
SYMPATHO experiment performed under
Odissea project. The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and implementation of the research program.
Test of the hypothesis of changes of sympathoadrenal activity in spaceflight.
Study of sympathoadrenal activity of the nervous system by means of the laboratory analysis of the experiment venous blood samples in flight.
Science Hardware Used:
- Refrigerator Kriogem-03 for freezing blood samples.
- Centrifuge Plasma-03 for blood separation into liquid and solid phases.
- Plasma-03 accessories Kit for sampling venous blood.
The samples are collected by using SARSTEDT syringes containing a plasma/cell separator (gel) and heparin to avoid clotting.
The samples shall be centrifuged to separate blood into plasma and serum. After that the samples are frozen in refrigerator "Kriogem-03".
- Return container KB-03 for download of frozen samples to the ground.
- Consumables Kit "Plasma-03" for blood sampling
Blood samples placed in container KB-03.