Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment ICE-FIRST is a part of the scientific research program to be conducted by ESA astronaut of the Dutch nationality Andre Kuipers onboard the ISS RS in the
frame of DSM Delta Project. The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and implementation of the research program.
Study of heritable changes caused by space radiation.
Incubation of strains of alive worms in space conditions.
Science Hardware Used:
- ICE-FIRST experiment containers (8 units) each one includes a plunger box unit filled with worm strains.
- ACTIN, ICE-FIRST Biokit for return of the experiment results to the ground.
- KUBIK AMBER is a thermally insulated container (incubator) with a set of mounting slots for ICE-FIRST experiment containers
with the insert centrifuge. This container is used for conduct of the experiment and stowage of the experiment containers.
- KUBIK TOPAZ is a thermally insulated container (incubator) with a set of mounting slots for the upload of the filled ICE-FIRST
experiment containers to ISS RS.
- Electronics units.
- Memory modules.
- AQUARIUS incubator for stowage of the experiment containers till the beginning of the experiment.
Incubated worm strains in ICE-FIRST experiment containers.