Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment FLOW is a part of the scientific research program to be conducted by ESA astronaut of the Dutch nationality Andre Kuipers onboard the ISS RS in the
frame of DSM Delta Project. The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and implementation of the research program.
Study of changed cell mechanosensitivity (by the example of chicken osteocytes, bone cells) under near-weightlessness conditions.
Study of loading-induced osteoblast responses in microgravity conditions and their comparison with chicken osteoblasts and periosteal fibroblasts
Science Hardware Used:
- FLOW experiment containers (12 units) each one includes a plunger box unit filled with a cell culture;
- Electronics units (2 units);
- Memory modules (2 units).
- KUBIK AMBER is a thermally insulated container (incubator) with a set of mounting slots for FLOW experiment containers with the insert centrifuge.
The experiment is conducted in this container.
- KUBIK TOPAS is a thermally insulated container (incubator) with a set of mounting slots for stowage of FLOW experiment containers
after completion of the experiment until the re-entry.
- FLOW, KAPPA biokit for return of the experiment results to the ground.
Incubated cell cultures in FLOW experiment containers and information recorded in memory modules.