Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
SYMPATHO-2 experiment is a part of the science research program to be performed aboard the ISS RS by Pedro
Duque, ESA astronaut of Spanish nationality in the frame of the CERVANTES
Project and continued SYMPATHO experiment performed under the
ODISSEA Project. The European Space Agency is a customer for
the preparation and implementation of the scientific program.
Verification of hypothesis about alterations of sympathoadrenal activity in spaceflight.
Study of activity of sympathetic system by means of the laboratory analysis of in-flight taken venous blood samples.
Science Hardware Used:
- Freezer Kriogem-03 to freeze blood samples
- Centrifuge Plasma-03 to separate blood into plasma and serum;
- Accessories Kit Plasma-03 to take blood samples.
- Return Container KB-03 to return frozen samples to ground.
- Consumables Kit Plasma-03 to take blood samples.
Blood samples placed in Return Container KB-03.