Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
CARDIOCOG-2 experiment is a part of the science research program to be performed aboard the ISS RS by Pedro Duque, ESA astronaut of Spanish nationality
in the frame of the CERVANTES Project and continued
CARDIOCOG experiment performed under the ODISSEA
Project. The European Space Agency is a customer for the preparation and implementation of the scientific program.
Study of regulation of blood pressure and heart beat rate, as well as investigation of physiological reactions when performing cognitive tests.
- Investigation of effects of microgravity on the cardiovascular system and interactions between the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Investigation of alterations of cognitive system and stress reactions caused by spaceflight conditions
Science Hardware Used:
Flight Hardware Used:
- Potable computer table;
- Sphygmomanometer Tensoplus.
- Experiment control unit;
- Power unit with cables;
- Camcorder SONY DSR PD-150P.
- Kit "Return of Hard Discs".
Information on cardiovascular system (electrocardiogram, arterial pressure, respiration rate) recorded on a hard disc, PCMCIA card (backup copy) and flight log
sheets, and record of experiment run on mini DV videotapes.