Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
SYMPATHO experiment is a part of the science research activities to be performed aboard the ISS RS by Frank de Winne, ESA astronaut of Belgian nationality in
the frame of the ODISSEA Project. The European Space Agency and Belgian Federal
Office for Scientific, Technical and Cultural Affairs (OSTC) are customers of the preparation and implementation of the scientific program.
Verification of hypothesis about alterations of sympathoadrenal activity in spaceflight.
Study of activity of sympathetic system by means of the laboratory analysis of in-flight taken venous blood samples.
Flight Equipment Used:
Hardware from Plasma-03 Kit:
- Freezer Kriogem-03 to freeze blood samples;
- Centrifuge Plasma-03 to separate blood into plasma and serum;
- Accessories Kit Plasma-03 to take samples;
- Return Container KB-03 to return frozen samples to ground.
- Consumables Kit Plasma-03.
Blood samples (2 samples per each subject).