Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Acquisition of new scientific information to extend ideas about mechanisms of cardio-respiratory system adaptation to long-duration space flights.
- Study of impact of long-duration space flight factors on the functional state of cardiovascular and respiratory systems of cosmonauts by using computer modifications of electrocardiography, sphygmography and pneumotachography.
- Study of control processes for the cardiorespiratory system.
- Control of cardioresparatory homeostasis indices (average pulse rate, cardiac output and stroke volume, phase structure of the cardiac cycle, systole efficiency, average respiration rate, volumetric and rate characteristics of the expired air).
- Control of indices of the control system of the cardiorespiratory system.
Science Hardware Used:
Flight Equipment Used:
- Pulse pouch;
- PCMCIA card, Pulse data (as part of Pulse pouch).
- Improvement of the cosmonauts' medical supervision system in a long-duration flight.
- Development of new criteria for prognostic assessment of probable violations of cardiorespiratory homeostasis.