Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
Obtaining new data on the mechanisms and efficiency of various modes of physical prevention of adverse micro-gravity effects on human organism - reduction of orthostatic stability (human body tolerance to moving from horizontal to vertical position), reduction of aerobic (respiratory) capabilities, reduction in
strength and endurance of skeletal muscles, skeletal muscle atrophy, bone demineralization.
- Comparative assessment of the effects of bicycle,
locomotor exercises on:
- Cosmonaut physical capacity for work in space flight environment;
- Energy support of muscle activity;
- Structural and functional indices of the muscular system in space flight conditions;
- Functional indices of the cardio-respiratory system in space flight conditions;
- Human metabolism in space flight conditions.
- Preparation of inputs for further improvement of standard systems of physical prophylaxis.
Science Hardware Used:
Flight Equipment Used:
- Accusport device;
- TEEM-100M gas-analyzer;
- TEEM-100M Profilaktika kits.
- Reflotron-4 system;
to conduct blood tests analysis;
- TVIS treadmill;
- VB-3 stationary bicycle;
- Force loader NS-1;
- "Cardiocasseta 2000" kit;
- a laptop computer.
Comparing the efficiencies of different modes of physical prophylaxis in zero-gravity conditions applied to the same crew members conducting tests based on the use of advanced measurement technologies for further improvement of the physical prophylaxis system with the aim of its using aboard the space station.
In the course of the tests a gas analysis, blood count, measurement of external respiration and arterial pressure parameters, recording of electrocardiogram and heart rate were performed.