Human Life Research on ISS Russian Segment
"Cogni" experiment is incorporated into the French research program ANDROMEDA,
which is a constituent part of the "Program for implementation of scientific and application research planned for the third
manned expedition ISS-3". CNES is a customer for preparing and carrying out the program of scientific and engineering experiments
during the French astronaut mission to ISS RS.
A study of cosmonaut's perception of orientation and movement in three-dimensional space under zero gravity.
- gaining new knowledge about the problems of cosmonaut determining his location while moving about the space station during the 3-D Navigation study;
- an evaluation of the effects the gravity has on cosmonaut's perception and memorization of his orientation and location during the Visual Orientation study.
Scientific Equipment Used:
- COGNI set of equipment:
- viewing hood/screen frame;
- lens tube with a mask;
- three restraining straps;
- a small keyboard with a support.
- EGE2 unit;
- Power supply;
Obtaining inputs, which will allow to study individual characteristics of cosmonaut's psychomotor functions in space flight environment.